Ozarks Technical Community College offers the online AAS in Health Information Technology. This program is designed to lead to employment throughout the healthcare industry in areas of data quality management, health information privacy and security, implementation of electronic health records, compliance with payment laws and regulations, and management of health information and medical records.
Sample of Program Courses:
- Comparative Health Records & Reimbursement Systems
- Introduction to Health Information Technology
- Health Information Technology Applications
- Medical Terminology for HIT
- Medical Coding
Graduates are eligible to apply to take the AHIMA certification examination for the Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT).
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Official transcripts
Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM)
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission