1886
Arkadelphia, AR

School Details

Ouachita Baptist University was founded in 1886 under the name of the Ouachita Baptist College. When it first opened it was located on the campus of Ouachita Baptist High School. In 1965 the school changed its name to Ouachita Baptist University. As a private institution of higher education that is affiliated with the Arkansas Baptist State Convention, Ouachita Baptist University's mission is "to prepare individuals for ongoing intellectual and spiritual growth, lives of meaningful work, and reasoned engagement with the world."

Ouachita Baptist University offers associate's and bachelor's degrees, and the degree programs in Business Administration and Christian Studies are available completely online for adult learners seeking to continue their education. 

Accreditation & Licensing

Ouachita Baptist University is accredited by:

Higher Learning Commission (HLC)

Check Program Availability