This online master’s in Social Work offers an Advanced Standing track to students who have recently graduated with a CSWE-accredited Social Work bachelor’s degree. Students can complete their master’s degree part-time online in less time than those in the general online track.
This graduate program in Social Work focuses on preparing students to work in rural environments as clinical social workers. Students will learn the skills and knowledge necessary to work with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities. Graduates will be eligible to take a licensure exam toward independent licensing in all 50 states.
Students will gain competencies set by the Council on Social Work Education, such as:
- Advance human rights and social, economic, and environmental justice
- Engage in policy practice
- Intervene and evaluate practice with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behavior
- Engage diversity and difference in practice
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Ohio University is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Additional Materials May Be Requested, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s)
- Applicants must hold a CSWE-accredited Bachelor of Social Work degree completed within the last five years, along with a final field evaluation.