Working sport professionals can advance their education with this online sports management degree. The Professional Master of Sports Administration combines online coursework with engaging projects, symposiums, and networking opportunities.
Students will integrate three components of the online Sports Administration curriculum, including core studies in sports management, applicable projects, and current issues related to the industry. Students will focus on sponsorship, marketing, event management, and laws applicable to the profession as they further develop human resource and leadership skills.
Coursework includes topics such as:
- Sport governance and policy development
- Management of public assembly facilities
- Sport law
- Sport business revenue strategies
- Human resource management in sport organizations
% OnlineMostly Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Ohio University is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Statement of Purpose/Intent, Resume/CV, Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Official College Transcript(s)
- Applicants should have a minimum of three years of professional experience in the sports industry.
- Students are provided up to six on-site residency experiences on campus or in conjunction with top industry Conferences (i.e., National Sports Forum). Students are required to earn five special topics credit hours that are offered in conjunction with residencies. There are alternative options to make up work for special topics for students unable to attend residencies in person.