The Ohio University online Master of Coaching Education program is nationally recognized as a leader in preparing coaches to excel at all levels of competition. The curriculum focuses on areas of coaching that directly impact athletic performance and is built around the National Association for Sport and Physical Education’s (NASPE) “8 Domains of Coaching.” As a result, our graduates are equipped with the technical and leadership skills important to maximize team performance and ensure a lasting coaching career.
All of the courses are online, except for the Global Sport Coaching Seminar, for which you are required to come to the Ohio University campus in Athens, Ohio.
- Proof of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 2.7 on a 4.0 scale in the last 60 semester hours
- A minimum of 3 years coaching experience
- Three letters of recommendation
- A two- to four-page statement of purpose essay
- Current resume detailing professional experience
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission