The online master’s in Counseling with a specialization in Mental Health Counseling is primarily designed for students seeking licensure after completing their degree. This graduate program from Nova Southeastern University prepares students for employment in settings such as social agencies, mental health clinics, hospitals, personnel offices, and schools.
Students will take an in-depth look at the current theories and techniques of counseling. Required practicum and internship experiences allow students the opportunity to develop their skills working under professional supervision in real world situations.
Course topics available to students include:
- Diagnosis and treatment of child and adolescent psychopathology
- Community mental health
- Case conceptualization and treatment strategies
- Advanced treatment interventions
- Bachelor's degree or higher in psychology or related field is desired and/or related experience
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Official transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Proof of English language proficiency, international students
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges