The online master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Northwest University is designed to meet state licensure requirements in Washington state. This three-year online counseling degree teaches students how to approach clients from a holistic standpoint. Courses focus on treating people biologically, psychologically, spiritually, and culturally.
The program combines online academic courses with on-campus residency experiences and clinical training opportunities. Students will gain a deeper understanding of cultural context to be able to serve a broad range of populations. Every course includes a component to help students relate the subject to their faith.
Course topics studied in this major include:
- Marriage and family therapy
- Research methods and program evaluation
- Crisis counseling and abuse
- Group counseling
- Psychotherapeutic systems
% OnlineMostly Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Northwest University is accredited by:
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Additional Materials May Be Requested, Official College Transcript(s)
- Program is designed to meet state licensure requirements for professional clinical mental health counselors in Washington state. Intensive residency experiences are required.