Northwest University was founded by the Northwest Ministry Network of the Assemblies of God and opened to students on October 1, 1934. Originally known as Northwest Bible Institute, its institutional name was changed to Northwest Bible College in 1949, Northwest College of the Assemblies of God in 1962, and to Northwest University in 2005. Each change represented a stage in its curricular development. Since the beginning, Northwest University has been a Christ-centered institution, and today, it continues to build a Christian community wholly dedicated to the spiritual vitality of each student—where love, respect, and support for each person are evidence of God’s presence.
Northwest University is a regionally accredited, Christian institution awarding associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. Northwest Online offers programs for students to earn degrees and certificates completely online.
Accreditation & Licensing
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities