Northwest Nazarene University offers an online Educational Specialist in Educational Leadership degree with a specialization in Superintendent. This program is designed especially for a master's degree graduate looking to pursue the role of a superintendent. The curriculum was designed to enhance the skills needed for that profession.
- Students participate in a year-long internship at the district office level.
- A master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 in the master's program
- Certification/Licensure as a building administrator based on a recommendation from a state-approved higher education preparation program
- Official transcript(s)
- Copy of building administrator's license
- Two recommendations
- Evidence of writing competency, preferably from a research paper or other document completed during master's courses
- An Educational Leadership Evaluation Form from the candidate's supervisor
School Accreditation Statement
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities