Master of Science in Nursing
Northern Kentucky University
The online MSN degree program from Northern Kentucky University offers a flexible, affordable path for nurses to take their career to the next level. Building on existing nursing competencies and skills, students may customize their education to suit their personal interests and professional goals by choosing one of six concentrations:
- Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Nursing Education
- Nurse Executive Leadership
- Nursing Informatics
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Submit official transcripts.
- A conferred Bachelor of Science in Nursing with a preferred grade point average of 3.0 or higher from an ACEN or CCNE accredited program.
- Successful completion of an undergraduate statistics course.
- Proof of 1000 hours of practice as Registered Nurse.
- A copy of your current, unencumbered RN License in the state(s) you are licensed and practice.
- An up-to-date résumé which includes committee work, community service, additional languages spoken, leadership positions & professional publications and/or presentations.
- A letter of purpose.
- Two completed reference forms.
Residents of some states are not authorized to apply, please contact the school for more information.
Select online degree programs, especially in the nursing field, must meet individual state licensing guidelines and may not be approved for state licensure in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. As regulations continue to change, Northern Kentucky University advises prospective students to check with their particular state’s licensing regulations in their intended field of study prior to applying to the online campus.
Northern Kentucky University is a four-year, public institution of higher education, located in the city of Highland Heights, Kentucky, just seven miles from Cincinnati, Ohio. Founded in 1968, today NKU embraces core values of excellence, integrity, inclusiveness, innovation, and collegiality with a “promise to put our students first.”
Northern Kentucky University offers online undergraduate and graduate degree programs from the following schools:
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law
- College of Arts and Sciences
- Haile/US Bank College of Business
- College of Education and Human Services
- College of Health Professions
- College of Informatics
- School of the Arts
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.