The online Graduate Certificate in Biblical Studies from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary allows students to further their studies at the master’s academic level without entering a full master’s degree program. This certificate is designed for those with a calling to serve in some capacity as a Christian educator, missionary, church staff member, pastor, or more. Courses explore the Bible in greater detail, advancing levels of skills in studying biblical text for use in preaching, teaching, and writing ministries.
You will take these courses:
- Exploring the New Testament
- Exploring the Old Testament
- Encountering the Biblical World
- History of the Bible
- New Testament English Exegesis
- Old Testament English Exegesis
Students who want additional education may transfer earned credit from graduate certificate courses to a Master of Divinity program or a Master of Arts degree program.
- Bachelor's degree
- Must have been a Christian for at least one year
- Must be at least 20 years of age
- Endorsement of a local church
School Accreditation Statement
Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges