The online Graduate Certificate in IT Administration is recommended for anyone involved or interested in network and computer systems and the security of those systems. This certificate will provide the basics of IT administration as well as a solid technical background in databases and networking.
Security is a main component and discussed in detail.
Topics covered include:
- Administration of host server systems in a modern operation system environment
- Fundamentals of wireless network security and administration
- Protocols and standards of TCP/IP suite
- Security control risks and issues
- Various network architecture and protocol standards
Have an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or Computer Engineering; or an undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering plus a background in the industry in computer programming, data structures, databases, and networking and operating systems. Official transcripts. A minimum 3.0 GPA. Submit GRE scores for US/CAN applicants without CS or Engineering degrees. Submit letter of recommendation. Resume.
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education