Founded in 1868 as Mankato Normal School, the school became Mankato State Teachers College in 1921, Mankato State College in 1957 and Mankato State University in 1975. In 1998, it took the name that stands today—Minnesota State University, Mankato. The first graduates earned one- or two-year degrees to become teachers, but the university has been granting four-year degrees in a growing number of disciplines since 1927. The first master’s degrees were awarded in 1954, and the first doctorate was conferred in 2009.
Minnesota State University Mankato offers online bachelor completion, graduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of disciplines.
Accreditation & Licensing
Minnesota State University-Mankato is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)