The online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction program is designed to foster the development of teaching skills that result in increased pupil performance. The curriculum teaches educators to analyze curriculum choices and strategies, along with best teaching practices, to be better equipped to provide an environment in which students engage in relevant and meaningful learning activities. The program offers a concentration in English as a Second Language and a specialization for the professional education coursework needed for teacher licensure.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- Satisfactory scores on the MAT, GRE, or the Praxis II (Principles of Learning and Teaching); or a valid Tennessee teacher license
- Teacher licensure (may be waived in special circumstances)
- Official transcripts of all previous college work
- Three letters of recommendation
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges