Doctor of Nursing Practice / Nurse Practitioner
Loyola University New Orleans
You will find the foundational Jesuit values of the online MSN to DNP Nurse Practitioner program — a perseverance of social justice and service, and a commitment to life-long learning — align with your goals in becoming a DNP Nurse Practitioner. The advanced knowledge, skills, and leadership abilities gained in the DNP Nurse Practitioner program empower you to become an influential nurse leader who brings a superior level of care to patients. We expect you to excel in the top-management positions of your field.
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: Yes
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Copy of your current, unencumbered RN License, advanced practice license (if applicable) in the state in which all clinical practicums for this program will occur
- Official transcripts
- Evidence of a MSN from an ACEN- or CCNE-accredited U.S. college/university, or the equivalent from an international college/university, with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Resume indicating a minimum 1 year recent post-master’s nursing work experience
- Evidence of completion of a 3 credit hour graduate-level statistics course with an earned grade of B or better prior to NURS 920 Biostatistics
- Evidence of a minimum of 500 supervised practice hours in one area of specialization in the accredited master's level program from which you graduated
- Three recommendations
- Certified Background Check
- Minimum of 1800 hours of recent nursing practice (within the last year)
One campus visit per year is required.
Not authorized for residents of Alabama, Arkansas, District of Columbia, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, Puerto Rico, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming and International.
In 1904, Loyola College opened its doors and its continued success led to a bill to grant it university status in 1912. Just seven years later, Loyola University New Orleans began offering evening classes for adult students and today this tradition continues.
Loyola focuses on enhancing your talents to the fullest by developing the whole person. This represents the true Jesuit tradition and our number-one priority: quality of education.
We instill within you the competencies needed to be successful as well as a commitment to professionalism, integrity, and dedication to the community.
Loyola offers distance learning courses in order to educate students across the United States and internationally. At Loyola University, students have the opportunity to complete several graduate degrees online. Online classes retain the credentials of campus-based courses but offer the flexibility and convenience to fit the schedules of distance learners.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.