You will find the foundational Jesuit values of the online MSN to DNP Nurse Practitioner program — a perseverance of social justice and service, and a commitment to life-long learning — align with your goals in becoming a DNP Nurse Practitioner. The advanced knowledge, skills, and leadership abilities gained in the DNP Nurse Practitioner program empower you to become an influential nurse leader who brings a superior level of care to patients. We expect you to excel in the top-management positions of your field.
- Copy of your current, unencumbered RN License, advanced practice license (if applicable) in the state in which all clinical practicums for this program will occur
- Official transcripts
- Evidence of a MSN from an ACEN- or CCNE-accredited U.S. college/university, or the equivalent from an international college/university, with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Resume indicating a minimum 1 year recent post-master’s nursing work experience
- Evidence of completion of a 3 credit hour graduate-level statistics course with an earned grade of B or better prior to NURS 920 Biostatistics
- Evidence of a minimum of 500 supervised practice hours in one area of specialization in the accredited master's level program from which you graduated
- Three recommendations
- Certified Background Check
- Minimum of 1800 hours of recent nursing practice (within the last year)
One campus visit per year is required.
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges