The online Master of Music Education program will enable certified, practicing K-12 educators to expand their knowledge of the field and improve their musicianship and leadership skills. Students will take courses that cover research, music education, music, and teaching. Courses include Research Methods, Research and Scholastic Writing, Foundations of Music Education, Contemporary Issues in Music Education, Curriculum Analysis and Design, Analysis of Teaching and Learning Behavior, and Leadership in K-12 Music Programs.
- Transcripts demonstrating completion of undergraduate degree in related field with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA in all major coursework
- Official results from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) if GPA is below 3.0
- Three letters of recommendation
- 1,000-word statement of purpose describing applicant's goals
- Specific deliverables depending on area of study, such as a writing sample and/or portfolio of work, brought to on-campus interview
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission