Ed.D. in Community Care & Counseling / Marriage & Family Counseling
Liberty University’s online Doctor of Education in Community Care & Counseling – Marriage and Family Counseling program helps prepare you to offer professional counseling services. This program examines best practices for various types of assessments used in marital and family counseling. Experienced faculty teach from a biblical worldview, and the training you receive in this program will equip you with the professional preparation needed for success.
Career opportunities include:
- Church counselor
- Marriage and family counselor
- Outpatient care therapist
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
- Official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copies).
- Regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree (i.e., counseling, psychology, human services) with a minimum of 3.0 GPA. Applicants who have a regionally accredited masters in a non-related field are welcome to apply, but if admitted will be required to complete M.A. level prerequisite courses assigned to them before taking any Doctor of Education coursework.
- Miller’s Analogies Test (MAT) (Total score of 400 or better) score report or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score report (Total verbal and quantitative score of 300 and a 4.0 or better on the analytic writing section). Students with a cumulative GPA of 3.4 or higher in their most recent master’s degree can have the GRE/MAT requirement waived.
- Statement of Purpose
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.