Liberty University’s online Doctor of Education in Community Care & Counseling – Marriage and Family Counseling program helps prepare you to offer professional counseling services. This program examines best practices for various types of assessments used in marital and family counseling. Experienced faculty teach from a biblical worldview, and the training you receive in this program will equip you with the professional preparation needed for success.
Career opportunities include:
- Church counselor
- Marriage and family counselor
- Outpatient care therapist
- Official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copies).
- Regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree (i.e., counseling, psychology, human services) with a minimum of 3.0 GPA. Applicants who have a regionally accredited masters in a non-related field are welcome to apply, but if admitted will be required to complete M.A. level prerequisite courses assigned to them before taking any Doctor of Education coursework.
- Miller’s Analogies Test (MAT) (Total score of 400 or better) score report or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score report (Total verbal and quantitative score of 300 and a 4.0 or better on the analytic writing section). Students with a cumulative GPA of 3.4 or higher in their most recent master’s degree can have the GRE/MAT requirement waived.
- Statement of Purpose
School Accreditation Statement
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.