The online Master of Science in Nursing (RN to MSN) is designed to provide expertise in strategic management, resource management and creating a safe, supportive and inclusive practice environment to students.
Students will develop the knowledge and skills needed to assume more of a primary care role as health care reform creates greater demand for access to quality care.
Lamar University offers two tracks within the RN to MSN, MSN in Administration and MSN in Education.
- An Associate of Applied Science in Nursing (AAS, ADN) degree or a Diploma in Nursing from an approved program
- Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher. Students with a GPA of 2.75-2.99 may take the MAT and earn a satisfactory score in order to be considered for the program
- Grades below a “C” in nursing or co-requisite courses will not be accepted
- Transfer credits will be evaluated on an individual basis
- Proof of current unencumbered license to practice professional nursing (RN) in the United States or approved United States territory
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges