A master’s degree in Counseling online gives students the knowledge, training, and practical experience to help people dealing with difficult issues in their lives. Clinical mental health counselors will be able to guide people coping with substance abuse, marriage and family issues, career problems, and more by giving them tools and techniques to improve their lives and decision-making capabilities.
This online graduate Counseling program includes intensive practicum and internship experiences where students can apply teachings to the real world, as well as classes focusing on multiple types of therapy. Graduates can apply for licensure credentials in many states.
Classes cover a range of topics including the following:
- Human growth and development
- Counseling skills
- Individual and group counseling theories and techniques
- Multicultural counseling
- Professionalism, ethics, and the law
- Crisis prevention and intervention
- Substance abuse counseling
- This program includes two five-day residencies, a practicum and internship component.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Minimum 3.5 GPA
- Official transcripts
- GRE test scores
- Recommendation letters
Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges