The online Certificate in Information Security Specialist offers students the opportunity to earn a credential demonstrating the fundamentals of information security. This certificate prepares students with the core skills needed to effectively build and maintain information security systems. In addition, this certificate will provide a way for professionals currently in the industry to update their information security skills and for new students to show progress in the CIT program.
This program is offered in two formats:
- Learn on Demand offers 100% online self-paced learning with multiple start dates per semester.
- Learn by Term provides traditional semester-based online courses with set start and finish times.
Students must designate a KCTCS college as their Home College. The KCTCS Home College must have program approval to award the credential. Online classes are delivered by different KCTCS colleges, and the Home College accepts all system-wide online courses delivered by other KCTCS colleges.
- Official high school transcript or GED transcript
- Official test scores (ACT, SAT, COMPASS, Wonderlic, or KYOTE)
- AP scores, if applicable
- College transcripts, if applicable
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges