The online Certificate in Financial Perspectives program from Kentucky Community and Technical College System prepares students for entry-level positions in accounting, financial services, and small business management. Courses focus on:
- Basic financial accounting concepts for decision-making, planning, and controlling
- Maintenance of simple accounting systems for small businesses
- The rules of debit and credit in recording transactions and recognizing the normal balance of accounts
- Principles of internal control including petty cash procedures and bank reconciliation
- Valuing and recording inventory
This program is offered in two formats:
- Learn on Demand offers 100% online self-paced learning with multiple start dates per semester.
- Learn by Term provides traditional semester-based online courses with set start and finish times.
Students must designate a KCTCS college as their Home College. The KCTCS Home College must have program approval to award the credential. Online classes are delivered by different KCTCS colleges, and the Home College accepts all system-wide online courses delivered by other KCTCS colleges.
This certificate program requires 9-12 credits for completion.
- Official high school transcript or GED transcript
- Official test scores (ACT, SAT, COMPASS, Wonderlic, or KYOTE)
- AP scores, if applicable
- College transcripts, if applicable
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges