Registered nurses can prepare for advanced clinical roles as well as gain valuable business leadership knowledge with the Master of Business Administration / Master of Science in Nursing dual degree from Kent State. Graduates are eligible for national certification as Clinical Nurse Specialists or Nurse Practitioners, or they can serve in nursing education, healthcare management, or leadership positions.
This online Business Administration degree is designed for experienced nurses who want to pursue middle or executive management positions within healthcare settings or start their own business. With this online MSN program, students gain advanced nursing preparation alongside practical management skills.
A sample of course topics includes:
- Leadership in nursing and healthcare management
- Legal and regulatory management for nurse administrators
- Health policy and advanced nursing practice
- Healthcare organization structure and behavior
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsGMAT, GRE, Proof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- A bachelor's and/or graduate degree from an accredited registered nursing program is preferred. Applicants with a RN license and bachelor's degree in a non-nursing field will be considered based on faculty review of a submitted portfolio.
- Active, unrestricted RN license required
- Must have completed an undergraduate statistics course with minimum C grade
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming, US Territories, International