The Associate of Applied Science in Information Technology provides foundational skills in the areas of Information Technology, required certifications, accounting, and quantitative reasoning. The program is designed for students who seek to acquire a complete framework in the entry-level information technology arena. Learners will acquire skills and knowledge applicable to the IT profession.
- Explain what information technology is (its function) and explain the role of a manager.
- Define CompTIA and prepare for the exam.
- Analyze computer security and its function in the information technology profession.
- Solve fundamental information technology-related problems that meet organizational requirements and end-user needs.
- Utilize industry-relevant tools and technologies to design and manage computer networks and systems.
- Demonstrate fundamental communication skills specific to oral and written language.
- Identify basic math skills as related to accounting and quantitative reasoning.
Graduates will be eligible to sit for the CompTIA Security+ for IT Professionals. This program establishes the core knowledge required for a cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs. CompTIA Security+ is a globally trusted, vendor-neutral certification that validates the baseline skills necessary to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Infinity College is accredited by:
Council on Occupational Education (COE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Admission TestsPlacement Test
Additional Materials May Be Requested, Official High School Transcript/GED Score