The Bachelor of Science in Addictions Counseling degree program is available from Indiana Wesleyan University. This online substance abuse counseling degree program offers an in-depth education from a Christian perspective. The curriculum is designed to teach students to understand and/or serve addicted persons and their families while integrating their faith into the coursework. Most of the coursework can be completed online with practicums offered at a site mutually agreed-upon, allowing adults with unique needs and experiences to complete the degree.
Courses covers a variety of areas and may include:
- Principles of Addictions Counseling
- Intergroup Relations
- Addictions Theory
- Psychology of Abnormal Behavior
- Counseling Addicted and Dysfunctional Family Systems
- This program requires 60 transferable credit hours for acceptance. Students who do not have necessary credits may be able to enroll in one of the school's online associate programs.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Official transcripts
- English language proficiency for international applicants
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission