The online Nursing Education Post-Masters Certificate is designed for registered nurses holding a master's degree in nursing who desire to continue their education and expand their educator certification.
Clinical placements will be arranged by the student in the state(s) they are licensed.
Upon successful completion of program requirements, a certificate is awarded and students are eligible to take the National League for Nursing (NLN) Nurse Educator Certification Examination.
- Earned master’s degree with a major in nursing from a nationally accredited program of nursing
- Provide documentation of successful completion of a graduate level advanced pathophysiology course with a minimum grade of B
- Provide documentation of successful completion of a graduate level pharmacology course within the past five years with a minimum grade of B. If older than five years, the student must retake this course.
- Some states require pharmacology within the past three years. It is the student’s responsibility to check with their state to determine this time frame and repeat the course if necessary.
- The equivalent of one year full-time RN experience (minimum of 1500 verifiable hours) at time of application. This experience must have been completed within the last five years.
- GPA 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale in graduate studies
- Current, unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse in the state of practice
- Resume or CV
- Two professional and one academic reference
- Personal statement of professional goal
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission