Master of Science in Christian Counseling / Substance Use & Addictive Disorders
Grand Canyon University
GCU‛s transformative Christian Counseling programs create an opportunity to integrate Christian principles within a professional counseling practice. A career as a licensed addiction counselor begins with the Master of Science in Christian Counseling of Substance Use and Addictive Disorders. The program offers a strong foundation in biblical knowledge and theological wisdom, to serve clients who are searching for treatments that instill Christian faith. Learners develop a deep understanding of the gospel to discuss relevant issues from a Christian perspective. This includes an exploration of spiritual health, growth and character development for the counselor in life and practice. The program concludes with a supervised practicum or internship experience, to create an avenue for learners to further nurture and develop their counseling skills. Interns will have an opportunity to provide substance abuse disorder services under clinical supervision. Licensed substance abuse counselors are expected to be in heavier demand in both the public and private sector for the foreseeable future. A master's degree is needed to achieve the highest level of licensing and certification in many states. Learners are provided with comprehensive training and academic preparation to achieve national certification and licensure in Arizona as an addiction counselor. Graduates from other states may have the academic preparation to begin the process to seek certification and licensure in their respective states. But, additional requirements may vary from state to state.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Accredited bachelor’s degree from a GCU-approved institution with a 2.8 GPA or higher
Not approved in the following states: AR, IL, KS, MO, NH, OH, VA, WI.
Whether one chooses to enroll in a bachelor’s degree in nursing or further pursue educational goals with a master’s degree, Grand Canyon University provides ample online opportunities designed to meet the needs of the adult learner.
Founded on Christian principles in 1949, the interdenominational Grand Canyon University challenges students through its mission statement “to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators, and responsible leaders.” The University reinforces its vision through its four pillars of: Academic Advancement; Christian Camaraderie; Extracurricular Activities; and Wellness and Well-being.
Grand Canyon University is a four-year, private institution of higher education. Programs of study range from undergraduate degrees to the doctoral level. Degrees are housed within eight colleges at Grand Canyon.
- Colangelo College of Business
- College of Doctoral Studies
- College of Education
- College of Fine Arts and Production
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
- College of Science, Engineering and Technology
- College of Theology
Grand Canyon University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The University also retains specialized accreditation and/or approval for specific degree programs. Agencies include:
- Accreditation Council Business Schools and Programs
- Arizona State Board of Education
- Arizona Department of Education
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
DISTANCE AND ONLINE EDUCATION
More than 100 degree programs are offered online at Grand Canyon University. The University maintains the same high standards for online students as it does for on-campus counterparts, including degrees taught by the same faculty, access to advising and peer connections, extracurricular activities, online tutoring, and added resources. In addition, the online campus features:
- Online degree programs offered 100 percent online
- Individualized degree programs that allow students to complete 4-credit courses, one-at-a-time
- Asynchronous courses, with 24/7 access, hosted through the learning management platform and library systems
- Eligibility for scholarships and tuition assistance, along with federal aid programs
- Transfer-friendly options, of which include a free evaluation of your graduation plan and cost estimates within 24 hours of submission of official transcripts
- Participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program and Veterans Affairs benefit programs, in addition to offering discounted tuition for eligible military students and their families.
There is no cost to apply to Grand Canyon University. Interested students are encouraged to request more information.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.