George Mason University's online CSWE accredited Master of Social Work (MSW) degree program prepares you to take the next step toward a career in direct client service. With an MSW curriculum that emphasizes social justice, empowerment, and systems transformation, you can be confident you're learning what it takes to serve the needs of any population in a variety of social work settings.
The curriculum is led by renowned faculty of active researchers and experienced social work practitioners, giving you real-world insights that you can apply to your future work. You'll also have access to Mason's established community connections in both the classroom and your hands-on fieldwork requirement.
- 100% Online & 100% Accredited. All of your coursework comes in a flexible online format that accommodates your busy working schedule in a CSWE accredited program.
- Competitively Priced. Mason's program is competitively priced for a respected master's degree program at $775 per credit hour.
- Social Justice Curriculum Focus. Gain interdisciplinary perspectives on topics like human behavior, social policy, research methods, and clinical practice.
- Expert, Practitioner Faculty. Mason's faculty members are active researchers and social workers with decades of experience. Develop an evidence-based practice and establish strong relationships with real-world practitioners.
- Certification Ready. Upon program completion, you may be eligible to sit for one of the following licensing exams: Licensed Social Worker or Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
When you complete your MSW with George Mason University, you'll be ready to:
- Take the next steps toward becoming a licensed social
- Bachelor's degree with a 3.0 GPA
- College transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- GPA Addendum essay if undergrad GPA is below 3.0
Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges