Online Master of Science in Health Informatics — CAHIIM-Accredited
Graduate Certificate Also Available
Learn at the intersection of health care, technology, and data science with George Mason University's CAHIIM-accredited online Master of Science in Health Informatics. Offered through the College of Health and Human Services, the program prepares students to specialize in health data analytics.
Experienced faculty and immersive projects familiarize students with new technologies and prepare them to analyze, design, and manage evolving health information systems for a wide range of clinical, administrative, and research purposes. Graduates enter an emerging job market with an in-depth understanding of health care systems, health data, information, and policy. The program focuses on data analysis skills directly applicable in health care.
GMU's evidence-based curriculum is designed to develop your proficiency in the competencies necessary for success in health informatics and health data analytics. In response to the ever-changing health care and technology fields, content is routinely assessed and adjusted based on:
- Demonstrated student proficiency
- Evidence of alumni career success
- Purposeful guidance of employers
- Renowned faculty through executive health care technology experience, research, and consulting
Online Graduate Certificate Available
In just six courses, the Health Informatics and Data Analytics Graduate Certificate prepares clinicians, health care managers, and information technology (IT) professionals to develop and manage health information technology systems. Coursework focuses on the impact of technology on patient outcomes and health care quality. All credits can be applied to the MS degree at a later time.
Why Choose Mason's MS in Health Informatics?
- One of only a few online programs in the country accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM)
- Online delivery format provides flexibility and accessibility for working professionals everywhere
- High-quality faculty with deep experience in both research and industry
- Outcomes-focused program featuring competency-based education
- Competitively priced tuition
- Also available: The graduate certificate for this program prepares you to develop and manage IT systems and stresses technology's impact on outcomes and services
- You must hold a BA or BS degree or equivalent from an accredited university or college
- 3.25 grade point average
- You should have taken basic-level computer science/technology, mathematics, and statistics and be familiar with the fields or you may be required to take additional prerequisite courses
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges