The online Doctor of Nursing Practice is designed to give graduates the tools they need in order to improve healthcare outcomes and the delivery of health through nursing leadership.
Graduates will have the knowledge to critically analyze health care systems and primary care clinical situations; apply and evaluate of conceptual models, theories, and research to improve health outcomes; design programs using evidence-based practices; and lead in primary health care, health policy, and standards of care.
The program is unique in that students are able to chose a certification in one of the following specialty areas:
- Adult nurse practitioner (ANP)
- Certified nurse-midwife (CNM)
- Family nurse practitioner (FNP)
- Geriatric-adult nurse practitioner (GANP)
- Geriatric nurse practitioner (GNP)
- Pediatric nurse practitioner (PNP)
- Women’s health care nurse practitioner (WHCNP)
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Frontier Nursing University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s), Occupational License, Resume/CV
- Applicants must have a nursing degree and have a current, active license in the United States with no encumbrances.
- You must be registered nurse with a national certification as: adult nurse practitioner (ANP), certified nurse-midwife (CNM), family nurse practitioner (FNP), geriatric-adult nurse practitioner (GANP), geriatric nurse practitioner (GNP), pediatric nurse practitioner (PNP), women’s health care nurse practitioner (WHCNP),
- There is a 4-day on-campus orientation.