The online Post-Graduate Certificate in Family Nurse Practitioner is designed for students interested in furthering their nursing education.
The program is divided into four levels of study:
- Level I – “Foundations for Practice”
- Level II – “Clinical Management for Specialty Care”
- Level III – “Clinical Bound”
- Level IV – “Clinical Practicum”
Upon completing the PGC curriculum, you will be fully prepared to take the national certification exam in your given area of study.
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Frontier Nursing University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s)
- Must have a master's degree or higher in nursing from a regionally accredited institution and a CCNE or ACEN accredited program.
- Must have a current, unencumbered RN license.
- Must be an advanced practice registered nurse in one of these specialties: adult nurse practitioner, certified nurse-midwife, family nurse practitioner, geriatric-adult nurse practitioner, geriatric nurse practitioner, pediatric nurse practitioner, women's health care nurse practitioner, psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner, acute care nurse practitioner, neonatal nurse practitioner
- A three-day orientation and five-day clinical intensive are required on campus.