Master of Social Work
Florida State University
Florida State University’s College of Social Work offers a clinically focused online Master of Social Work degree. Whether you already have a baccalaureate in social work or come to the field with a degree in another concentration, FSU’s online program has a distinct curriculum focused on creating an engaging and supportive learning environment. When you attend FSU online, you’ll enjoy:
- Taking courses asynchronously or completing them as your schedule allows.
- Joining an interactive virtual learning community through Blackboard, and gaining support from a Student Success Advisor throughout the entire program.
- Interacting with the College of Social Work’s Office of Professional Development.
- Going from the classroom to the clinic with innovative field placements.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Complete a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and be in good standing with the institution
- Complete a College of Social Work application and submit a personal statement and four letters of recommendation (two personal, two academic)
- Submit a transcript with all undergraduate and graduate courses and include a professional resume
- Earn a 3.0 GPA or better on everything past the first 60 hours of undergraduate courses (this is an upper-division GPA) or you must have earned a master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
Two mandatory weekends of on-campus skill-building sessions (second and third semesters).
If you do not reside in one of the areas that is covered, then are you not currently eligible for the online program at this time.
Eligible states: Alabama, Florida, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota & Wisconsin
*students who reside within 100 miles of Tallahassee are not eligible for the online program, however the campus program is still an option.
Founded in 1851, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts.
Florida State University is a comprehensive degree granting university, offering baccalaureate degrees, master's degrees, advanced master's/specialist degrees, doctorates, and professional degrees. The university offers fully accredited programs in both law (J.D.) and medicine (M.D.). The Office of Distance Learning (ODL) provides support to all online students in academic courses and degree programs. FSU offers several undergraduate and graduate programs that may be completed entirely online, as well as certificates and individual courses.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.