Master of Science in Nursing
Ferris State University
The online MSN degree program is designed to meet the needs of BSN nurses who want to further their educational growth and development in an accessible fully online program that accommodates the busy lives of working adults. The program is comprised of a basic set of nursing core courses, a specialized advanced leadership role concentration, and a practicum and scholarly project. Students may choose one of three concentrations:
- Nursing Education
- Nursing Administration
- Nursing Informatics
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
- A bachelor of science in nursing is required for the nursing education track.
- A bachelor of science in nursing or a bachelor degree in a related field from a regionally accredited university is required for the nursing administration or nursing informatics track.
- Overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 or better on a 4-point scale.
- Licensure as a registered nurse.
- It is recommended that applicants have a minimum of two (2) years full-time clinical nursing experience.
- There is a 4 hour mandatory orientation prior to starting the program which is delivered on both the east and west sides of the state and may be offered virtually for those who are out-of-state or have scheduling conflicts.
When Ferris State University opened in 1884, the school focused on providing students with marketable skills. Ferris State joined the state higher education system in 1950, and gained University status in 1987. Today, the public four-year institution is located in Big Rapids, Michigan. While Ferris State University first focused on marketable skills, the current mission statement retains much of the institution’s original purpose. The university’s mission “prepares students for successful careers, responsible citizenship, and lifelong learning.”
Ferris State University houses degrees within eight academic schools.
- Allied Health Sciences,
- Arts and Sciences, Business,
- Education and Human Services,
- Engineering Technology, Pharmacy,
- Professional and Technological Studies,
- Kendall College of Art and Design,
- Michigan College of Optometry at FSU
- University College
Over 170 educational programs are offered and students can pursue certificates, associate’s, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees. Distance education is also available at Ferris State University allowing students to earn certificates, minors, and degrees from the convenience of home. Students may also participate in individual online coursework without pursuing a degree.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.