The online Certificate in Nursing Education program provides students with a theoretical and practical foundation in nursing education so they may assume the role of nursing faculty in an associate or baccalaureate degree nursing program. Coursework covers topics in learning theory, cognition, curriculum and instructional design, and evaluation nursing education programs.
- A bachelor of science in nursing is required for the nursing education track.
- A bachelor of science in nursing or a bachelor degree in a related field from a regionally accredited university is required for the nursing administration or nursing informatics track.
- Overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 or better on a 4-point scale.
- Licensure as a registered nurse.
- It is recommended that applicants have a minimum of two (2) years full-time clinical nursing experience.
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission