The online Coding Certificate program is designed for students who are currently employed as full-time hospital inpatient coders and have two current and consecutive years of full-time hospital inpatient coding work experience. Courses include ICD Coding, CPT/Other Coding Systems, Reimbursement Methodology, Procedure Coding, and Diagnostic Coding. Graduates of this program may transfer all course credits to higher level programs of study offered by the Health Information Technology program.
- Two current and consecutive years of full-time hospital inpatient coding work experience
- Currently employed as a full-time hospital inpatient coder
- Official high school or GED transcript
- College transcript (if applicable)
- Placement test may be required
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges