ETSU offers a Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Teaching. This online program falls under the Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis Department. The goals of the online higher education program include the following:
- Develop private and public sector educators to design effective curricula
- Further educate university and college faculty
- Prepare professionals seeking higher education teaching positions
- Address the theories and practices of effective teaching
Study topics within this online program cover adult learning theories and high-impact instruction practices. This latter subject prepares educators to use evidence-based practices to positively influence diverse student bodies.
Besides core courses, students may choose an elective to customize their studies. Options include pedagogical practices for a specific subject or online teaching.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
East Tennessee State University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA2.5 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Must hold a graduate degree or be currently enrolled in a graduate program