The online PhD in Nursing Ethics degree program combines doctoral courses in Nursing and Healthcare Ethics. Coursework includes topics such as intensive research in health care ethics, social and distributive justice in health policy, clinical ethics, and more. Students are required to come to campus for the final public defense of their dissertation.
- Current unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse
- A bachelor of science in nursing degree
- A master's degree (A master of science in nursing is preferred, with a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale. Applicants without a master's degree in nursing may be required to take additional nursing courses.)
- Prerequisite courses: Graduate course in Statistics (3 credits); Graduate course in Nursing Research Methods (3 credits) OR Research/Evidence Based Practice (3 credits)
- Successful phone interview with PhD Admissions Committee member may be required
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education