You can obtain your Pennsylvania teacher certification for grades 4-8 with Drexel’s Post-Bachelor’s Certificate in Teaching / Middle Education. This online secondary education program is ideal for career changes and temporary educators who do not possess certification.
The online secondary education coursework, in-person field experiences, and student teaching prepare you to manage and lead your middle school classroom. You receive specialized insights into helping your students succeed.
You prepare to become an educator for grades 4-8 in subjects such as English, math, science, or social studies. Topics of study include the following:
- Teaching the middle school child
- Evaluation of instruction
- Culturally responsive pedagogy
- Creating the optimal learning setting for middle-level students
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Drexel University is accredited by:
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Intended for PA Certification. Students seeking certification in another state should verify interstate reciprocity agreements with their state or request more information.