The Bachelor of Applied Science in Geospatial Analysis & Intelligence, an online GIS degree, prepares students for careers in one of the fastest growing fields. This program examines the different approaches that lead to understanding problems from a geographic perspective because understanding why and where things are located where they are is critical to the understanding of how the world works. With this theory in mind, students complete a curriculum consisting of theory, ethics, and practice. Delta State ensures that all students are prepared for the workforce by combining classroom training with real-world experience, making real-world work a requirement for graduation.
This online geography degree is a bachelors completion program which, while working in conjunction with Mississippi Delta Community College, uses a phased approach in the curriculum. The Phases are typically as follows:
- Phase I—primarily consists of general education coursework and meets the requirements for an AA degree
- Phase II—builds foundational knowledge and skills in geospatial technologies and includes a broad spectrum of coursework in this area
- Phase III—consists of intensive study in analytic techniques along with research methods and case studies by experts in the field
- Phase IV—capstone experience
% Online100% Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationAssociate Degree
Recommended GPA2.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s)
- Applicants who do not have an associate degree may be eligible to complete lower level credits through Delta's partner school, Mississippi Delta Community College.