The online Master of Science in Applied Computer Science provides students with a solid foundation in working with various aspects of technology. Graduates will be prepared for careers in a variety of positions including software engineers, programmers, developers, information security, and many more.
The concentration in Cybersecurity provides an overview of topics such as operating systems design and implementation and network and cloud management. Additionally, electives offer courses in network security, risk management, crisis management, and software quality assurance. Students can choose to complete a thesis or non-thesis track for this Computer Science degree online.
Core classes within the online Cybersecurity degree program include:
- Survey of modeling and simulation
- Algorithms analysis and design
- Object-oriented development
- Introduction to Cybersecurity
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Columbus State University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA2.75 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Applied Computer Science, Computer Information Science / Systems, Computer Engineering or other closely related field