Columbia College - Undergraduate Department of Psychology and Sociology
Columbia College offers bachelor’s degree programs in both psychology and sociology.
- Psychology is the study of human behavior and thought processes. In this program you will study topical areas such as human development, personality theory, neuroscience, how we learn, memory and cognition, emotion, sensation and perception, relationships, abnormal behavior, psychotherapy
- Sociology is the study of society, from the personal interactions that we all have every day, to the ways our lives are shaped by social institutions and global social forces. Required classes include minority cultures and relations, quantitative research methods, and classical and contemporary social theory. You’ll also have the choice of focusing on either Culture and Globalization, Gender and Identity, and Crime and Social Inequality.
Why Columbia College?
- Online classes allow you to fit your degree around your other commitments. You’ll have weekly assignments and deadlines, but you decide when to do the work.
- Tuition is about half the national average for four-year private schools, saving you thousands on your degree.
- Class sessions last eight weeks and start six times each year, giving you the opportunity to complete a bachelor’s degree in three and a half years.
- Columbia College is one of the nation’s largest private, nonprofit institutions and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, so you can be confident your degree will be respected in the job market.
Location: 1001 Rogers Street,Columbia, MO 65216
Religious Affiliation: Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
Sector & Type: Private, Not-for-profit
- Credit for Training
- Dedicated POC
- Member of SOC
- Recognized SVO
- Yellow Ribbon
Highest Offering: Masters
School Website: Visit
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
School Video - Columbia College - Undergraduate Department of Psychology and Sociology
This school has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.