Clemson University offers the online Ph.D. in Parks, Recreation & Tourism Management. This degree is designed specifically to ensure strong research training, optimize opportunities for student-faculty interaction and mentoring and address an essential need in the field for educators in recreational therapy.
The goals of this program are to:
- Develop competent recreational therapy educators who are prepared to meet the complexities of preparing recreational therapy students to work in various treatment settings.
- Develop competent researchers prepared to build and contribute to the body of knowledge in recreational therapy.
- Reduce the dearth of available educators in recreational therapy.
Students will be required to attend three, five-day, on-campus residencies.
- Recent GRE scores (in last five years)
- A personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Unofficial transcripts of all previous academic work, both graduate and undergraduate (Official transcripts will be required once admission has been granted)
- GPA of at least 3.0 in all graduate course work
- Documentation of certification as a certified therapeutic recreational specialist
- Acceptable TOEFL scores (for applicants for whom English is a second language)
- Recent resume/curriculum vitae
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges