Clarkson College offers an online RN to MSN program with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner. This degree prepares Registered Nurses for advanced practice providing care and promoting health to adult and gerontological patients.
Students in this program are able to earn graduate credits while completing their BSN degree requirements, and then focus on their clinical specialty with a custom-designed MSN degree plan. Interactive internet-based learning allows for 24/7 interaction with faculty and fellow classmates.
The adult geriatric nurse practitioner program online includes discussions of:
- Advanced nutrition
- Foundations of psychiatric-mental health
- Advanced and complex acute care concepts
- Pharmacology for practitioners
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Clarkson College is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationSome College
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Program will require some on campus visits
- Applicants must have the equivalent to one year of professional nursing work experience prior to enrollment in any MSN option course, two years for NP option course. However, core courses may be taken while obtaining experience.
Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, West Virginia, Wisconsin, US Territories