Enroll in this online library science degree and advance professional opportunities. This program, developed by library professionals, is designed for those interested in careers in a library setting and who have an interest in technology. Graduates are prepared for entry-level careers in public or private libraries, or with any organization that uses technology to process, manage, and communicate information.
The curriculum, taught by professional librarians and teachers, emphasizes technology courses. Other courses cover such topics as:
- Information resources and services
- Acquisitions and collection management
- Cataloging and classifying
- Library program development
- Public services operations
This online library science degree is also available as an Associate in Applied Science in Library & Information Technology.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Central Carolina Community College is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Admission TestsPlacement Test
Official High School Transcript/GED Score
- Students need a qualifying GPA, official test scores or complete on-campus placement tests.