MPA - Public Policy and Governance
Focus on tools and methods of policy analysis, while strengthening your communication skills in a collaborative setting, with Capella University's online Master of Public Administration (MPA) in Public Policy and Governance. You can earn your degree in as little as 18 months with the ability to transfer up to 25% of your program from previous graduate work. Moreover, this program allows you to save time and money by demonstrating your knowledge through a prior learning assessment.
Capella’s core MPA courses focus on all facets of public administration that, combined with your chosen specialization, give you comprehensive knowledge to excel in your career no matter which direction you go. People who choose this degree often pursue public policy leadership positions, assess public policy initiatives, or are considering a career change in the public policy sector.
Capella is a member of the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA)-- a global standard in public service education--ensuring your degree is highly recognized and respected in the public administration field.
Providing a curriculum designed around national standards—including those from the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA)—and based on input from employers and industry experts, Capella constructs each course and assignment to deliver career-relevant competencies, providing you with skills immediately applicable to your career such as:
- Learning strategic management and planning processes.
- Analyzing policy-maker models to evaluate the effect of programs on societal problems.
- Gaining in-depth understanding of the collaborative governance structure that enables public organizations to meet or exceed program initiative goals.
Common careers with a Master of Public Administration in Public Policy and Governance include program analyst, government affairs executive, research associate, urban planner, program coordinator, public service manager or director, city manager, chief administrative officer, county commissioner, and political scientist.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Quarter Credit
In State Rate:$525.00
Out of State Rate:$525.00
Additional Fees :$1,050.00
Fees Overview :
- Quarterly Resource Fee: $150
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$26,250.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$26,250.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
Accreditation & Licensing
Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Higher Learning Commission: www.hlcommission.org, 800.621.7440
- Capella University, Capella Tower, 225 South Sixth Street, Ninth Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55402, 1.888.CAPELLA (227.3552), www.capella.edu
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.
Capella University cannot guarantee licensure, endorsement, certification, authorization, other professional credentials, job placement or salary advancement. State regulations and professional credential standards vary. It is the learner’s responsibility to understand and comply with requirements for their states and professional associations. For more information on licensure, see the Licensure section on the school’s website. Enrollment restrictions and/or other restrictions may apply to certain programs. Contact Capella University at 1.866.679.9687 for more information.
Learn important information at www.capellaresults.com about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended these programs.