Capella’s MS in Addiction Studies provides you with treatment and intervention skills. You’ll focus on established standards, evidence-based practices, and ethics, including awareness and sensitivity to the complex needs of a multicultural society. The program can help turn your passion for helping others into a career. Earn a degree that will allow you to pursue positions as an addiction professional in treatment and prevention programs, as well as in general clinical settings where addiction professionals serve as members of a treatment team.
One in-person, 7-day residency experience is required.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
- Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
Minimum level of education required:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Minimum grade point average of 2.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale