The online Graduate Certificate in Director of Special Education – Rank I program is ideal for students seeking opportunities outside the classroom, such as program directors or special education administrators. Students gain the leadership skills needed to impact student learning and elevate their careers in special education as they learn to design, implement, supervise, and assess special education programs and services to students with disabilities. The curriculum draws on research, theory, and practical applications to demonstrate commitment to education and help students believe that all ages and abilities can be educated.
This program requires 18-30 credits for completion.
- Official transcript from each college or university attended
- Copy of valid teaching certificate
- Letter from district documenting one of the following:
- three or more years teaching in special education;
- one year as a special education teacher and two years as a school psychologist;
- three years experience as a speech language pathologist
- One letter of recommendation from building or district administrator
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges