California State University in East Bay offers the online Master of Science in Recreation and Tourism. This degree will provide an in-depth understanding of the fast moving, increasingly complex challenges in the world of recreation. Through the exploration of literature and theories graduates will be better prepared for the world's legal, personal, and ethical dilemmas presented in their work environments. Upon successful completion of the program, graduates may have the opportunity to pursue many positions involving varied responsibilities and endless opportunities.
- Degree completion: 45 quarter credits
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited university. It is expected that most students applying for this program will have a BS in Hospitality, Recreation & Tourism.
- If your undergraduate degree is not in Recreation or Hospitality, you may need some foundational courses. This will be determined when your transcript and work experience are evaluated by a graduate advisor or the department chair.
- GPA of 2.75 in last 60 hours of course work is required
- Must have 2 years of work experience in the field
- Acceptable TOEFL minimum scores (if applicable)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher learning attended
- Current resume
School Accreditation Statement
WASC Senior College and University Commission