The Bachelor of Fine Arts in Visual Development is available from one of the top art schools, Academy of Art University. This online art degree offers a dynamic education in a key area of visual production, setting the artistic design and moods for the images that entertain viewers. This degree prepares students to design movie characters, compose video game environments, and more by teaching the fundamentals needed to create the aesthetic concepts shaping modern media. The core curriculum emphasizes photography, figure modeling, form analysis, figure drawing, narrative principles, visual development for animation, and character design. You will also learn about concept paintings, advanced exploration of perspective for video game design, and other critical design disciplines.
Graduates are prepared to:
- Follow industry-standard processes to generate functional designs in 2D and 3D
- Maintain a consistent “language” or “signature style”
- Show both unique personal style and accommodate style to project needs
- Draw and paint convincing poses, designs, storyboards, and more
- Use relevant animation technology and software proficiently
A digital art emphasis is also available.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Academy of Art University is accredited by:
National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Official High School Transcript/GED Score